That's what keeps us all going, the adorable babies, the future, the NEXT
GENERATION! The purpose of this page is to show off our puppies, not to SELL
our puppies. We are not a high volume breeder and when we do have a litter, there is usually a waiting
list for the puppies. If you are looking for a pet quality puppy as a companion
for your family and don't live close to South Carolina where the partners in Trifecta are located (Lexington/Summerville/Aiken),
I suggest that you check out the PWCCA
Membership List for a breeder near you. If you really, really want
a Trifecta/Jimanie-bred dog, email Stephanie
Hedgepath so that we can become better acquainted. Just be warned: before
we will consider you as a potential buyer for one of our pups, we have to get
to know you well! This is not because we are snobby, but because we have put
over 100 years of combined experience into developing the Trifecta/Jimanie Corgi and want to make
sure that each puppy winds up in the perfect home for THAT puppy.
Not everyone should have a Pembroke - they are great dogs, but even the
best dog in the world can 'go bad' if it is not in the proper enviroment for
that particular dog. Pembroke Corgis, while a wonderful family pet, need a firm
but loving hand and socialization as a puppy to be all that it can be. They
are short in stature, but they think they are towering giants. You should see
them doing what they were bred for: herding CATTLE!! Thanks for understanding
where my heart is on this matter. Download the Jimanie/Trifecta Puppy Handbook Here.
Some general statements about obtaining
a Jimanie/Trifecta Corgi:
- Puppies are sold only to pre-qualified buyers.
- All puppy buyers are required to fill out a questionnaire and give a reference.
- All dogs and puppies are sold with a fairly simple written contract, spelling
out the responsibilities of both buyer and seller. Click
here to see a sample pet puppy contract.
- All puppies are registered and named by us with the AKC with the Trifecta prefix. As AKC Breeders of Merit, it is our responsibility to see that all of our pups are registered, even if they are not going to be shown. AKC registration proves legal ownership of the dog and I have always been surprised by the number of people who say their dog is purebred but they didn't register it.
- The general health of each puppy is guaranteed.
- Puppies are evaluated and matched with the family who's lifestyle is most
appropriate for that puppy. Each puppy is different, just as human siblings
differ, so do puppies!
- Only one puppy is sold into one home at a time. We do not sell two pups at the same time to the same household. We strongly feel that each puppy should have the complete individual attention from their new owners for at least a year. That will give you enough time to really know what kind of personality your new pup will have as an adult. Once you know this, you will be better able to help the breeder choose the best match as a companion dog for your Trifecta pup if that is your desire. Pembroke Corgis usually do very well in pairs. Introducing littermates into a household at the same time often causes the pups to bond to each other and less to family members, which should not be the goal in dog ownership.
- Pet puppies are sold on a Limited Registration - no exceptions.
- Pet puppies are required to be spayed or neutered - no exceptions.
- Pet quality puppies are between $1500 - $1800. Show quality pups start
at $3500 and are rarely available for sale. True show quality dogs are few
and far between. I have sold many pups that have gone on to finish their championships
and have been ranked in the top ten nationally, with many group wins,
placements and a few Bests in Show, though campaigning a dog for titles beyond
a championship is not the focus of the Trifecta/Jimanie breeding program.
- Puppies are first evaluated at eight weeks of age. No Trifecta/Jimanie puppy is released
into a new home prior to ten weeks of age and we usually prefer to keep them until at least 11 - 12 weeks of age.
- All parents of Trifecta/Jimanie puppies are show quality animals or they are not
included in our breeding program.
- There is no such thing as 'breeding quality': they are either pet quality
or show quality.
- All Trifecta/Jimanie breeding stock is x-rayed for hip dysplasia, eyes checked by a certified veterinary opthalmologist and
DNA tested for von Willebrand's Disease (vWD). All have been tested using the new test for DM (Degenerative Myelopathy).
- All Trifecta/Jimanie puppies are required to be housepets, not kennel dogs and early socialization and obedience training is encouraged.
- Temperament is of primary importance in our breeding program!
- We welcome your questions. Because I do a lot of traveling with my business
and to judge dog shows, you may not hear back from me right away. I try to
answer each and every inquiry concerning puppies or information on the Pembroke
Welsh Corgi in general. If you don't hear from me in a reasonable amount of
time, please write again, as I may have checked my mail while on the road
and your inquiry fell through the "cybercracks" when I returned home. Contact Stephanie here.
- Occasionally, an adult dog is available to an approved home. Most
of the same requirements apply to an adult dog as a Trifecta/Jimanie puppy.
- There are very few litters born at Trifecta/Jimanie, so each one is precious and
the wait for a Trifecta/Jimanie puppy may be a long one. If I do not have a puppy available,
I usually know where good quality pups are available from reputable breeders.
Remember, anyone can say anything they want to on the internet and there are
many unscrupulous breeders out there who are concerned with one thing: getting
your money. Some come across as top show breeders and some even go so far as to show their dogs in shows other than AKC to make it look like they are successful show breeder, but as I said before, anyone
can say anything on the internet! Please read my article "WhyI register my dogs with the AKC and why you should care that I do!" I've found pictures of my champion dogs on other websites
in which they claim the dogs are the parents of litters they produce. Please,
be very careful in choosing your breeder! That is why I highly recommend you
only deal with a member of the Pembroke Welsh
Corgi Club of America, Inc. or a member of a regional
PWC Club. Admission to the PWCCA is only obtained after a very stringent
examination of the proposed member's dedication to the breed and the condition
under which their dogs are kept. Members of the PWCCA and the regional clubs affiliated with the PWCCA are all yearly signers of the Breeder's Code of Ethics put forth by the PWCCA.
- Please understand that I truly try to match the puppy with the best family situation for that pup. If you don't get a puppy from one of my litters it is not because I don't think you would be a good home for a pup. The fact is that I don't have a pup that would be a good match for you! People who have previously purchased a Jimanie or Trifecta pup go to the top of the list, but if there isn't a match for them, they, too, are left empty handed. At Trifecta/Jimanie it is definitely all about the dogs and I hope that is understood from the beginning. In my involvement as a dog breeder since 1969, I've only had a few pups returned, some through no fault of the puppy's and also not the fault of the new owner, so I stick to what works for me. Thanks!
|Due to my business and my busy judging schedule,I have formed a partnership with two long time friends and this will enable me to continue to breed a litter or two a year. We are naming puppies of this combined endeavor with the "Trifecta" kennel name. Thanks to Denise Scott and Linda Stoddard who do most of the work and allow me to continue to experience the wonder that is a litter of pups!!
|Please check out our Facebook page Trifecta Pembroke Welsh Corgis for more recent updates.
| Here is our litter from December 2010.
|Rescue Pembroke Welsh Corgis are also available through Carolina Corgi Rescue.